I just pledged to read 12 books in 2014 on the 50 Book Pledge site. I hope to read more than 12, but there wasn't another option until 25 and that seemed a bit too ambitious at this time. What can I say, I like to set achievable goals. I hope to surpass my goal of 12 and maybe even beat my 2013 record of 15.
These are the books that most inspired me in 2013:
- The Secret Thoughts of Successful Women by Valerie Young
- The Happiness Advantage by Shawn Achor
- Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg
- The New Relationship Marketing by Mari Smith
- Amazing Things Will Happen by C.C. Chapman
- On Writing Well by William Zinsser
- The YOU Factor by Leslie Strong (I'm currently reading this)
[originally posted here]
In 2014 I'm already planning on reading:
- Daring Greatly by Brene Brown
- Before Happiness by Shawn Achor
- The Scientist in the Crib by Alison Gopnik
What's on your "to be read" list for 2014?